Sunday 26 December 2010

We had a lovely Christmas day. We spent most of it visiting our family and exchanging gifts. I was so pleased  my hand made gifts were  appreciated and valued.It has really motivated me and can't wait to start some new projects. I have been mainly kitting this past couple of weeks but Christmas Eve I picked up a quilt I had been making but haven't touched for a while, I had forgotten how therapeutic it is to sit there hand stitching while the TV is on.

I managed to finish the large (approx 45cm x 45cm ) drawstring bag I was making to hold my wool.


I am very pleased with the result. The fabric was a 100% cotton quilting fabric 'Darla Rose' by Tanya Whelan which I love, and  the design is vintage inspired . I lined it with a fuschia coloured poly cotton and as I did not have any fabric left I threaded some cord through the drawstring channel. I also made a crossover loop on the back so that it can be hung on a hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment