Monday 3 January 2011

Happy New Year

Happy new year to everybody! Last year went by so quickly, especially the last six months as I was so busy making gifts, and also crafts for my online shop.It's surprising how long it takes. If I sold my crafts taking into account the amount of time involved in making them, nobody would buy them because they would be too expensive! Good job I enjoy making them! I ordered  some wool online early last week and would have expected it to arrive by now but disappointingly I am still waiting for it to be delivered. In the meantime I bought some wool locally and made these handwarmers in a tweedy effect 63% wool blend aran fleck. They knitted up so well that  I have just bought some more of the wool to knit a cable hat.
Over Christmas some of my gifts were pompadour bags and I was asked to make one as a birthday gift. I made this in a very pretty Laura Ashley print lined with white poly cotton and wadding.The drawstring channel is made in a pale blue/white polka dot cotton print with a pastel blue ribbon threaded through the brass eyelets. I think these are so pretty and I love making them. I am always so pleased with them when finished because they are always made in lovely fabrics and they look good anywhere. They are so versatile as they can be used for all manner of things like toiletries, hair accessories, make up, babies stuff and so on
 

No comments:

Post a Comment