Monday, 9 April 2012

silk lampshade covers

Managed to pick up some gorgeous silk fabric in the Laura Ashley sale. It is a pretty eau de nil colour and I knew exactly what I was going to do with it - make an attractive cover for a very boring lampshade and this would be perfect. I remembered I had seen instructions in one of my many craft books. It was very simple to make, basically enough fabric to go round the shade twice plus allowances for the gathered top and the hem and voila!

Chucky didn't like it ( a bit too fussy for a six  foot Northerner me thinks!) but I love it! The lamp is standing on a wooden pot stand that I found in a charity shop which was a bit tatty. I rubbed it down and put on a couple of undercoats and then two layers of Farrow and Ball emulsion green blue paint I had left over from some paintwork I did in the bathroom, and it looks great.

No comments:

Post a Comment