Tuesday 21 December 2010

Hand warmers

Yes it is snowing again outside but at least the temperature is now above freezing! It's hard work (and expensive) keeping the house nice and warm, but nice and warm it is with  the central heating on, the wood burner lit, together with the underfloor heating on in the conservatory and bathroom! Hate to think what the energy bill will be this year. As it has been so perishing my poor little hands have been really cold when I have to do the chores outside like filling the wood and coal basket and sorting  out the rabbits and hens. So I have made some fingerless gloves. They are really practical and keep my hands warm as well as allowing me to be dexterous (I think that's what I mean!). They are quite simple and stylish and  knitted  in an aran yarn. They can be viewed on my online shop www.folksy.com/shops/plumcottage.
I love this colour for these long hand warmers, I think I have knitted something in all sorts of variations of this shade! I have knitted this particular pair in 100% merino wool by Wendy, as a gift for a friend who makes fine dolls house furniture and works from home, these will be an ideal practical gift to keep her hands and arms warm, as well as enabling her to carry out her delicate work. I like that you can turn the rib down to adjust the length, so you can have it long or short. I shall be busy making both pairs of hand warmers  for my online shop once I can get out and source some nice wool!

No comments:

Post a Comment