Thursday 26 January 2012

Rosies quilt

It has been a lovely morning, blue skies and sunshine, after walking Missy and while I still had my wellies on I decided to spend time in the garden, doing all those tidying jobs that didn't get done in the autumn. Managed to do loads and even  managed to dig a bed in the lawn ready to put salad crops into in the spring. No longer dishevelled and muddy and  back indoors my thoughts have turned to future projects, the first two being bunting and a patchwork quilt for my granddaughter, Rosie. The bunting pieces have been cut out and are ready to be sewn.

I always spend ages browsing fabrics and choosing the right ones for a 13 year old was no different. The pale pink fabric and the fabric on the far right are Tilda, which I absolutely adore, and I think the spotty material is also Tilda all bought online. Each piece is 100% cotton and my next step will be to wash them so there will be no shrinkage once it is made up and then washed. Then onto the tedious task of cutting out all the squares. I will keep you up to date on the progress of the quilt


No comments:

Post a Comment