Thursday 24 February 2011

what to do with all those parsnips.....


make parsnip soup of course! I had a good crop of parsnips on the allotment but was at a loss as to what to do with them other than roast them or put them in a pot. However I have found a really tasty curried parsnip soup recipe and yesterday I made a big batch of the soup and froze it in individual portions. Ideal for Andy to take to work or for me to have it home.
Talking of the allotment,  it is that time of the year when I am itching to get started on sowing seeds and planting out. Well I haven't started sowing seeds yet, every year I start too early and  have loads of seedlings on windowsills going horribly leggy, so this year I am holding back for a bit longer. However I have picked up the potatoes from the allotment shop ordered last autumn, are are being chitted as we speak! I have also got some shallots ready for planting and I am going to put them in next week all being well with the weather. Can't wait! In the meantime I am not wasting time on the allotment,  I am finishing off the digging I couldn't get done in November 'cos we had that horrible weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment