Friday 18 February 2011

gingerbread ...mmmm......and a chocolate coloured cushion!

Home smells lovely at the  moment...I have made some gorgeous gingerbread ready to take to the grandchildren on Sunday together with some honeycomb that I am hoping to make once I have been shopping. There are four grand children, Rosie, the eldest, then Joni, Poppy and Stephen, the youngest and they live in Nottingham, so unfortunately we do not see them too often but like me they have a sweet tooth so it gives me an opportunity to make lovely sticky sweet cakes and buns.  The gingerbread, once cool needs to be taken out of the tin with lining still attached, wrapped in tin foil and put in an air tight container for up to a week, and then cut into wedges, but in this case it will be two days!
It hasn't taken me too long to finish the taupe coloured cable cushion I started about 2 weeks ago especially as I have three other projects on the go at the moment. The aran yarn is a  blend of wool and acrylic and knits up beautifully. I just love the colour although the colour in the photo is not a good reproduction, the colour is really what I would call a light, warm, milk chocolate colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment