Friday 29 June 2012

a jacket for baby George

I got a bit behind with knitting for the two recent babies but have managed to quickly finish the little knitted jacket for baby George, I don't know but I always seem to be making something to a deadline! I really love the multi colour of this and I think the pockets and hood are a good finishing touch. George is the son of one of Andy's work colleague and he was one big baby at 10lbs plus, let'e hope it fits!
I needed to gift wrap it and what better way than to make a nursery gift bag to put it in!


In my last blog I mentioned  I was going to make a big roomy beach bag and that is exactly what I have done this week. Having checked my fabric stash I had some dotty fabric left over from making cushion covers, perfect as it is a reasonably sturdy material. It was really quite easy to make and hey presto, a big roomy beach bag, big enough for at least 2 large beach towels and everything else.


2 comments:

  1. linda

    the hoody is so sweet, they will love it.

    Nice tote!! I do love a tote!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know they were called totes! Everyday is a school day (to quote chuck).

    ReplyDelete