Sunday 19 June 2011

I was wrong!

I did not think my next project was going to be curtains as you can see from my previous posting! However a pair of stripy nautical curtains it is.

These are for our sometime weekend retreat in lovely Suffolk.We are fed up with being woken up at the crack of dawn with sunlight streaming through at the weekend, don' t get me wrong, I love the sunlight but not at 5.30am so we popped off to a fabric shop in Felixstowe ( I also took the opportunity to have a look in a couple of charity shops!) . I chose this ticking material because I really like utility fabrics and  it looked like it should be in a home beside the sea! I am going to line them with blackout lining which should  do the trick....lay ins at the weekend...hooray...

What a  weekend it was dodging the  heavy showers, particularly on Saturday, however we were not to be put off and we went to the Owl sanctuary at Stonham Barns near Stowmarket. It was  interesting to see the different owls and eagles they have there, but I would have liked to know more about their rescue work with the owls, still, a very worthwhile charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment