Monday 21 March 2011

Oh.. I do like to be beside the seaside.....

What a lovely weekend, I decided that spring had come at last...blue skies and the sun was out and it was warm, well warm for March!. We had a lovely afternoon walking along the promenade in Felixstowe and I even managed to pop into Felixstowe's charity shops and was so pleased to to come upon  a perfect Royal Doulton 70's coffee pot and a 60's Midwinter coffee pot set, yes, I do like 60's and 70's coffee pots and yes I do collect them and anything else it would seem that catches my eye, china , fabrics,clothes, anything!
I am getting on with my patchwork quilted throw and decided to attacht a pale lemon coloured fleece backing   and I am going to bind it with a pretty  lemon patterned fabric. So now the hard bit.... I have attached the patchwork to the fleece with safety pins and the next bit is to draw diagonal lines across it and tack it in place in order to hand quilt it. I am a novice at this and I find this bit quite hard, there is probably an easier way to do this! The only place I could attach the two together with pins was on the conservatory floor, it's a bit hard on the old knees and I had to wash the floor before I could do it. The next step in the same manner is to draw  the lines, my knees are not looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment