Thursday 10 March 2011

my pretty knitted cotton cushion

After my last knitted cable cushion I fancied a change, having knitted two of them, so I bought some lovely quality 100% luxury cotton yarn. I hadn't knitted with cotton before so to start off with it felt a bit strange but I soon got used to it.The yarn knits up beautifully and as it is mercerised it has a lovely sheen to it. The colour in the photo is not a good reproduction it is more of a brightish, pastel baby green, if that makes sense! I have bought the wool for the next cushion which will be a cable pattern and is a blue cotton aran. However, I have just started knitting a lacey bolero with  ties for me, for the summer.The yarn is Sublime organic cotton and it is knitting up fabulously and the colour is called 'scumble'....doesn't exactly describe the colour does it?
I have also just finished this aran cardigan for Sophie I hope she likes it!

I tried to get a decent photo but this was the best I could do, when I photographed it full length, it looked awful! The front pieces are asymmetrical and the yoke looks good when fixed with a decent sized brooch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment