Wednesday 27 October 2010

Welcome to my new blog!

I am so excited, I have been dragged into the 21st century! I thought long and hard on what to name the blog, I wanted it to somehow reflect my lifestyle and where and how I lived. I could not come up with anything so asked my other half, Andy - and he came up with plum cottage, perfect! We live in a lovely Victorian house in a country lane lined with wild plums trees.We have a wild plum tree in our front garden, and a wild plum tree hedge in the back! This year I made some fabulous jam with the plums.
I have taken early retirement and spend  time on my allotment and have revisited the crafts I learnt years ago, knitting, sewing, dressmaking and a new one, patchwork quilts.I also want to try my hand at rag rugs -  have ordered the 'how to' book, just waiting for it t pop through the letter box!
I have 6 hens, one silkie, two aracunas and three rescue hens, one dog, two cats, two rabbits and tropical fish! No more pets!

No comments:

Post a Comment