Saturday 30 October 2010

R and R

Hooray its the weekend and that means Suffolk! We set off last night, a little earlier than usual as we were going to a party and as luck would have it we got stuck in a jam at Little Hadham. Normally this would have been a pain, but Robert Plant was doing the Electric Proms on Radio 2 , so we had a great time listening to some fantastic music and interviews. We eventually got to the party which was a fund raising event for charity. There was live music provided by 'The Hasbeens' a local charity fund raising band, and I was transfixed by the lady playing the skiffle board. You just do not see it around these days, I guess she must have learnt to play way back in the 50's.
Today I trawled the charity shops ( I just love browsing, looking for something to catch my eye) and something did catch my eye, I picked up a 60's or it might be 70's coffee pot.
I have several now and I also picked up some vintage curtains which I hope to transform into cushion covers ( the last vintage curtains I bought I liked so much,  they are now hanging on my landing window!).

No comments:

Post a Comment