Friday 26 October 2012

and a bit of knitting

Hasn't the weather been dreary this week, so dull and murky, I am not motivated to do anything when it's like that, I have to force myself into doing stuff. But this morning when I got up, after Andy, bless him, brought my tea up (mornings are not me, it takes me ages to get up and then ages to get it together and I always look as though I have been dragged through a hedge backwards...doesn't everybody?) I was definitely in a better frame of mind. So much so I became the veritable earth mother and made blackcurrant jam with blackcurrants grown on my allotment and frozen at the time of picking...


 some absolutely gorgeous flapjacks from a River Cottage recipe...


and in between a bit of knitting......


and finally a gingerbread cake that has been maturing for a week....

ready for slicing and freezing


1 comment: