The patchwork quilt I was making for Poppy is now finished. The colour scheme is basically a mix of pinks and a bit of red in 100% cotton. There is a mix of traditional floral patterns with some more contemporary styles to give it a more up to date look ( I hope! ) I have bordered the quilt with a very pretty up to date polka dot quilting material, the dots of different shades of pink. The lining is a pretty pink sateen and the filling is a lightweight wadding. This should grace any girls bed!
Thinking of Christmas already I have found a nice pattern to knit an advent calender ( which I have nearly finished, lots of fiddly bits to do yet! ) and to go with it are a couple of Angels. I have made the Angel which is in double knit, most of it plucked out of my wool store apart from the flesh coloured wool which I didn't have. I just need to finish it off with a twisted cord band to go round the head with some largish star sequins to be attached to it and star sequins to be added to the neck line of the dress. The sequins should make it look lovely and twinkly. I am really pleased with it as I have never made a doll before. As soon as I have finished the calender I will put it on my blog!