Wednesday, 10 August 2011

freshly picked mushrooms for breakfast

I absolutely love fried mushrooms and two weeks ago in the field behind us in Suffolk,  mushrooms were popping up all over the place. Field mushrooms are the only ones  that I can positively recognise as being safe to eat, white on top and pink or brown underneath.As the weather had been mild and damp the mushrooms were flourishing and positively demanding that we should pick them, which we did!
We just peeled the tops and cut off the stalks and popped them into a frying pan with a little olive oil for a few minutes and then topped some hot buttered toast with them....delish

No comments:

Post a Comment